News:

New payment option is available now! Visit our Patreon page and donate to get a VIP subscription!!!
Or go directly to subscriptions section and choose the one you like!
(If you have any issues with payment - please send me a message!)

Main Menu
Support OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads

new here.... looking for clairfication

Started by noworries, February 06, 2022, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noworries

as a member with less than 5000 karma points I have no access to full posts with links and in order to get the required 5000 points I need to post 30 finds for others to have access to but not me???

sts_pro

noworries

ok.. well could someone explain just how am I supposed to post if I have no posting privileges in any forum other than this one???? gotta be honest here... seems like posting content is secondary to paying for vip.....

sts_pro

Hey @noworries - moved your question here.

Can you clarify where can't you post? Are you getting an error while posting or reply button is not working? I can see other users are posting without issues...

lilitounet

sorry for the maybe stupid question, but if we share for 5000 karma points of wins, we'll be VIP for a month or more?

And second question, is the VIP section the same if you paid or if you shared content?

Last question: I see there's a lot of content at queue, there's no karma point when helping to sort & clean a save?

sts_pro

@lilitounet moved your post to questions section :)

Regarding your questions:
- Right now 5000 will give you permanent access - no expiration of Karma points yet ;)
- VIP content is the same - the only difference is your status of VIP Sponsor :) Plus VIP Sponsors can remain Anonymous while posting in the open thread
- there are some Karma points available for the help ;) But sorted saves should be of a high quality (see guidelines here https://www.sts-pro.info/forum/index.php?topic=1651.0)

lilitounet

Quote from: sts_pro on March 14, 2022, 12:57:27 PM
@lilitounet moved your post to questions section :)

Regarding your questions:
- Right now 5000 will give you permanent access - no expiration of Karma points yet ;)
- VIP content is the same - the only difference is your status of VIP Sponsor :) Plus VIP Sponsors can remain Anonymous while posting in the open thread
- there are some Karma points available for the help ;) But sorted saves should be of a high quality (see guidelines here https://www.sts-pro.info/forum/index.php?topic=1651.0)

ok I will share a first win quickly, we'll see if I do right. After that, I have old & new wins to share, I guess I can do the 5000 points quickly.

But just an idea, the number of points should correspond to the size of the save. For example, you'd add 50 karma points for each Gb of data. It would be fairer to those who share large files.

sts_pro

Thank you for the suggestion lilitounet! We will probably revise Karm distribution one day :) There is a lot of good suggestions coming from many members ;)

lilitounet

no problem, now give me some karma points for this win :D https://www.sts-pro.info/forum/index.php?topic=5269.0

and please tell me if I did right for I can share others after that.

sts_pro

Hi @lilitounet - sure thing :) Thanks for sharing great content :)

I just wanted to highlight once again an important aspect related to Karma  - for you and other new joiners:

Quote from: sts_pro on April 03, 2016, 10:48:42 AM
For every photo session with a dead link to the archive you could receive 50 points, however, only if you can prove it's past existence: it should be a full photo session with unique photos (once again - post only your own content and do not repost content of others!).

This means if you are sharing save of a "dead" server you still can get Karma - but:
- this find/session was shared earlier (doesn't matter by you or other OVF member) and was alive at the time of posting
- your save clearly correlates with the find/session posted earlier - this can't be completely other models in your safe
- if you are posting DOA link and it's save - you should provide very strong evidence of its past existence ;)

Basically - all three above items are aimed to prevent posting random internet  content (which can potentially be copyrighted by someone else) and to represent these as legit saves just to "farm" Karma points ;)

lilitounet

How do you want I provide strong evidence of past existence of a server which died since I did the save? Except by bringing the IP from which I did the save earlier. I have some Terabytes of wins gathered by me through years, I'd like to know it's useful (to me and to all of you) I go on to share. So tell me how to provide strong evidence. The filenames or the folder trees are a good indication to know it's really a NAS win (not a copyrighted content), don't you think? But how do you want I can prove that the files were really coming from me?

sts_pro

Hey @lilitounet - these are indeed good questions ;) As you can see per your Karma updates - the "evidence" you are providing is sufficient :D It is obviously being decided on the case by case basis :)

meowmeowmeow

Quote from: lilitounet on March 19, 2022, 09:29:19 PM
How do you want I provide strong evidence of past existence of a server which died since I did the save? Except by bringing the IP from which I did the save earlier. I have some Terabytes of wins gathered by me through years, I'd like to know it's useful (to me and to all of you) I go on to share. So tell me how to provide strong evidence. The filenames or the folder trees are a good indication to know it's really a NAS win (not a copyrighted content), don't you think? But how do you want I can prove that the files were really coming from me?
Well the wins you shared with us, mostly of them arent reposts maybe some lost/dead server wins, so iam sure they count as a win.

Support OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads