News:

New VIP section for active contributors! If you don't have time for posting but still wish to
be a VIP - become a sponsor!!! Just donate by buying a subscription and get an instant VIP access!
(If you have any issues with payment - please send me a message!)

Main Menu
Support OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads

Is this still an active board?

Started by engineeringguy, March 10, 2018, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engineeringguy

There are some good posts here and I'd like to see more.  I've been collecting open NAS drive material for years (~10,000 pics) but don't want to start posting if they're never going to be seen.

whocares4u

Quote from: engineeringguy on March 10, 2018, 07:43:37 PM
There are some good posts here and I'd like to see more.  I've been collecting open NAS drive material for years (~10,000 pics) but don't want to start posting if they're never going to be seen.

Oh yes. It´s still active :) Post away, remember, activity creates more activity ;)

bobfnap

Quote from: engineeringguy on March 10, 2018, 07:43:37 PM

More lurking than posting, I'd say.

sts_pro

Just publish your saves and get your Karma. Once you're in VIP zone it would be more fun ;)

Bulbazour

Quote from: bobfnap on April 03, 2018, 05:31:06 AM
More lurking than posting, I'd say.

Good answer... while having 1 post <3 xD

Just kidding...

The Forum is still active... but ofc to be fair, VIP Area got more content ^^

New Users are allways welcome and like you apparently, new people with new content will bring more and more live to the forum :)

rustic

all so old you need new stuff
sad.....

sts_pro

Quote from: rustic on December 06, 2019, 03:17:25 AM
all so old you need new stuff
sad.....

So great we have you to let us know about it! Such contributors as you are keeping our board alive! 👍

dzonikonj

Quote from: sts_pro on December 06, 2019, 09:18:09 AM
So great we have you to let us know about it! Such contributors as you are keeping our board alive! 👍
I don't think so. Splitting this board into poor/rich...free user/VIP sponsor and that stupid karma points are main issue. At the beginning this board was great ! Mega for VIP-s, rapidgator and K2S for free users...no, thanks. I now to upload 5-6GB save with HC videos etc. and get same amount karma points as some guy who uploaded 30mb save with facebook level nudity ? On stupid rapidgator ? This discourages new/old users from participating. That's what killed this board. There are few of us who mining ftp/iomega/logitech/twonky servers, it's a small community. Separation to the VIP/free are not helping this board. 12.244 members ? Maybe 44 uploaders...12.200 too many ! If this board were to function as a community, I would actively participate. That's not it right now..

sts_pro

[Moving to this thread as off-topic]

Thanks for feedback dzonikonj. I agree with some of your statements and trying to avoid giving karma for "30mb save with facebook level nudity".

It would be nice to hear more constructive criticism. Do you have reasonable suggestions?

QuoteMega for VIP-s, rapidgator and K2S for free users
As far as I know, in other places free users not getting any saves at all. I was discouraged myself and stopped using these a few years back. From my side I am at least trying to share full K2S saves

There are few of us who mining ftp/iomega/logitech/twonky servers, it's a small community.
12.244 members ? Maybe 44 uploaders...12.200 too many
Very true, shows quite accurately amount of leachers vs active participants. Your suggestion is to let these 12000 access live FTPs without any contribution? If you consider yourself a part of the active community you should probably know how many times files on FTPs are getting deleted, Twonky servers are getting admin password changed and even just overloaded leaving you with "Too many connected users" messages?

Coming back to:
QuoteI now to upload 5-6GB save with HC videos etc. and get same amount karma points as some guy who uploaded 30mb save with facebook level nudity

There is quite a few active members who easily reached 5000. Do you have suggestions of a more fair karma points distribution? Please suggest! We had this discussion with other mods just recently. We indeed don't want to give free karma to leachers

upport OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads