News:

New VIP section for active contributors! If you don't have time for posting but still wish to
be a VIP - become a sponsor!!! Just donate by buying a subscription and get an instant VIP access!
(If you have any issues with payment - please send me a message!)

Main Menu
Support OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads

OVF saves improvement

Started by sts_pro, October 01, 2023, 05:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sts_pro

Starting this topic as per @dzonikonj post. Please share your feedback here!

Quote from: dzonikonj on September 30, 2023, 10:54:39 PM
Not sure what is meant by "saves" on a forum of this type..  This rar is plain garbage, not a single one nip slip, I got better saves from facebook. Also #4114 downloaded 5 parts and nothing there, don't have nerves to download rest of the files. And what a good forum this used to be..

@dzonikonj it is actually nice to see you back! :)   And thank you for your - as always - strict to the point feedback/criticism :D

Regarding your comments:

• We are actually reworking whole saves model trying to improve it for everyone. Btw to your question - saves means to be snapshot of a photo session (or a sever if this is an internet find). Most of our members want to have have the saves (and you probably won't believe how many request we are getting). The main reason is ever so increasing censorship all over the internet. Files are getting deleted quickly and we are trying to "save" them  - so we call these snapshots "saves"
  • So - we re trying to improve these saves. However - as you were complaining - as per ask from about 90% of the members - these "saves" include a lot of NN materials. In the past we used to divide saves into NN and NU parts  -but unfortunately this is delaying release of the materials quite significantly. As a compromise solution we decided to share these "saves" a s a combined archive of NN and NU materials.
    However - as we are working on the improvement of the model - this could be a good time to revisit this decision.
    My first question to everyone would be - Do we want to bring split system of NN and NU saves?
  • My second ask would be for everyone to share your thoughts!

vpers

Maybe there should be some sort of identification what to expect from a save (i.e. tags like topless only, hc pics, hc vids, etc).
Personally I don't want to download 10GB NN material too or to see just one topless photo which is also shown in preview.

sts_pro

Quote from: vpers on October 04, 2023, 05:41:30 AM
Maybe there should be some sort of identification what to expect from a save (i.e. tags like topless only, hc pics, hc vids, etc).
Personally I don't want to download 10GB NN material too or to see just one topless photo which is also shown in preview.

Good point @vpers - I used to split saves into three parts - NN, bikini/semi-hot, NU.
The easy way I used to use - was to add 001-, 002- and 003- prefixes to the files - I just uses a one-key macro - so it was quite quick ;)
After that - my RAR script just filters files into three archives :)

The reason I switched to the new model with a single archive  - is to save time and make save releases quicker.

However - as we are working on the new sorting model - which is proving self quicker - we can bring split saves back ;)
As you are one of the Uploaders - do you think you can start splitting your saves into three parts?

vpers

Hard to say. It's time consuming.
Tried a different approach in my last save. Described with some headwords what to expect before downloading.
Personally if something is interesting for me I do want to download the whole save, so splitting into 3 parts isn't for me.
Let me know what you think about the idea with small description, that should be easy for everyone who just sorted something

sts_pro

Quote from: vpers on October 08, 2023, 07:31:27 AM
Hard to say. It's time consuming.
Tried a different approach in my last save. Described with some headwords what to expect before downloading.
Personally if something is interesting for me I do want to download the whole save, so splitting into 3 parts isn't for me.
Let me know what you think about the idea with small description, that should be easy for everyone who just sorted something

I liked your idea with descriptions - let's see how others like it.
I also agree regarding splitting archive - is a bit too tedious - this is the reason why we abandoned it on the first place.

cyberflashman

I like the idea to keep the sorted save in its original structure (thus mixing nn and nude pics) and add a short description. That should be enough for everyone to decide if it's worth downloading.

upport OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads