News:

New payment option is available now! Visit our Patreon page and donate to get a VIP subscription!!!
Or go directly to subscriptions section and choose the one you like!
(If you have any issues with payment - please send me a message!)

Main Menu
Support OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads

Trojan Files on Random sites

Started by Bulbazour, February 23, 2016, 09:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbazour

Hi!
Just a head up for you guys.

Please be carefull while downloading Data right now, there alot of Trojans around.
Most noticable are:

• IMG001.exe         3471 KB
  • Photo.scr             1542 KB
  • INFO.ZIP              3446 KB
  • XXX.exe               16682 KB

Make your not to download/ run those files!

So long,
Bulbazour

bb10

I have also seen the following file in quite a few FTP directories

INFO.ZIP         3446 KB

In the zip file is
IMG001.scr
Information.vbe

Langalord7

I accidentally downloaded these files. Is there any danger if I didn't run any of them?

(from noob).

whocares4u

I think you should be safe, but if you have an antivirus program, it should have told you those files were suspicious.
If you don´t run any permanent antivirus, I suggest you find an online scanner, just for good measure :)

tomlong

I also had experience with those files...

Avira Antivir free can help out!

Freddy

You should always show file extensions ; if you don't know how to do it, have a look at the windows documentation.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

Or use another operating system. If, for example, you install a Linux in a virtual machine, you'll be totally safe from viruses and other nasty things, but it'll be a bit slower.
I always find extremely funny to find a wide-open drive full of books about hacking and computer security.

whocares4u

There´s a new type of threat. -A .RAR file with same name as the folder. Filesize is 435.543 byte
Do NOT open/extract. It contains an exe file, 3 doc files and an rtf file.

Pranco

that's all right, but every picture or doc file can contain hide a trojan or virus file.
Use a good anti virus programm and firewall or better use a virtual machine for download. If the file is infected you can delete the virtual drive and use a new.

Bulbazour

Just added XXX.exe, hope its obvious for everyone that its a Virus...

williamholla

if you are using FTPZilla you can filter a list of files/trojans. view>filename filters. all filtered items will not show in ftp listings or get added to queue.
asian holla hmse

Bulbazour

Quote from: williamholla on August 06, 2017, 12:14:43 PM
if you are using FTPZilla you can filter a list of files/trojans. view>filename filters. all filtered items will not show in ftp listings or get added to queue.

Didnt thought about that...! :D
Good hint!

upport OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads