News:

New! New! New!
Earn VIP Membership for Free!

OVF is excited to launch our new Referral Program!
Refer a friend using the referral link in your profile. If they sign up as a VIP Sponsor, you'll earn a portion of their VIP membership for free!

A detailed FAQ for the referral program is available here.

Still have questions? Feel free to PM me.

Main Menu
Support OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads

Trojan Files on Random sites

Started by Bulbazour, February 23, 2016, 09:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbazour

Hi!
Just a head up for you guys.

Please be carefull while downloading Data right now, there alot of Trojans around.
Most noticable are:

• IMG001.exe         3471 KB
  • Photo.scr             1542 KB
  • INFO.ZIP              3446 KB
  • XXX.exe               16682 KB

Make your not to download/ run those files!

So long,
Bulbazour

bb10

I have also seen the following file in quite a few FTP directories

INFO.ZIP         3446 KB

In the zip file is
IMG001.scr
Information.vbe

Langalord7

I accidentally downloaded these files. Is there any danger if I didn't run any of them?

(from noob).

whocares4u

I think you should be safe, but if you have an antivirus program, it should have told you those files were suspicious.
If you don´t run any permanent antivirus, I suggest you find an online scanner, just for good measure :)

tomlong

I also had experience with those files...

Avira Antivir free can help out!

Freddy

You should always show file extensions ; if you don't know how to do it, have a look at the windows documentation.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

Or use another operating system. If, for example, you install a Linux in a virtual machine, you'll be totally safe from viruses and other nasty things, but it'll be a bit slower.
I always find extremely funny to find a wide-open drive full of books about hacking and computer security.

whocares4u

There´s a new type of threat. -A .RAR file with same name as the folder. Filesize is 435.543 byte
Do NOT open/extract. It contains an exe file, 3 doc files and an rtf file.

Pranco

that's all right, but every picture or doc file can contain hide a trojan or virus file.
Use a good anti virus programm and firewall or better use a virtual machine for download. If the file is infected you can delete the virtual drive and use a new.

Bulbazour

Just added XXX.exe, hope its obvious for everyone that its a Virus...

williamholla

if you are using FTPZilla you can filter a list of files/trojans. view>filename filters. all filtered items will not show in ftp listings or get added to queue.
asian holla hmse

Bulbazour

Quote from: williamholla on August 06, 2017, 12:14:43 PM
if you are using FTPZilla you can filter a list of files/trojans. view>filename filters. all filtered items will not show in ftp listings or get added to queue.

Didnt thought about that...! :D
Good hint!

upport OVF on Patreon!
Remove Ads